Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Stubbs Welding

TG Platinum VIP
    Gameroom Cash
    $16825
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Stubbs Welding

Stubbswelding is a custom fabricator of rock sliders.

The prices are very fair and he ships them in a timely fashion

While all he advertises on his website for Tundras is made for the Gen1, he will make them for the Gen2 and Gen3 if you are willing to make a couple measurements.

The sliders are sold unpainted. I chose to have mine coated in LineX, and I am more than happy with the results. I imagine you could probably pay to have them chromed somewhat easy as well.

The product itself is very durable, and well made. All the welds are spot on, and I can say that as long as you have a reputable shop weld them on for you, they WILL in fact take the full impact weight of the truck. If you choose to, you can special order them to use a bolt on application, but that will require some work to your frame rails.

One of the reasons to choose rocksliders over traditional steps is that they will protect your truck from damage instead of only providing a step to get into the vehicle. They are also quite resilient in a side t-bone type accident and will prevent most vehicles from caving in the side with very unforgiving results to the person hitting you.

I would highly recommend using anything he makes! The customer service is fantastic!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAM00130-2.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	4788Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAM00131-2.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	4789

Products also available for FJs, 4Runners, T-100s, and Tacomas
    Last edited by brightdim1985; 02-21-2014 at 05:16 AM.

"It is a brave act of valor to condemn death, but where life is more terrible than death it is then the truest valor to dare to live." - Sir Thomas Brown-
    “The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” -Carlos Casteneda-
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" -Voltaire

Administrator
    Gameroom Cash
    $100313230
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Stubbs Welding

The only problem with a sliders and a side impact accident is that the frame will suffer immediate damage.

I'd rather have the door take the damage.

Shoot me a PM about G-Tek Fab Door Sill Protectors and SABM (Stock Air Box Mod) kits for your 2007/2016+ Tundra>>> PM Dez

"Gregorio"

TG Platinum VIP
    Gameroom Cash
    $16825
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Stubbs Welding

Quote Originally Posted by Dez View Post
    The only problem with a sliders and a side impact accident is that the frame will suffer immediate damage.

I'd rather have the door take the damage.
    I'm looking at it from a survivability standpoint, rather than saving the truck. I love my truck, but I'd rather walk away unharmed. And with how these are built they would do a good bit of impact absorption before the frame started to buckle.

"It is a brave act of valor to condemn death, but where life is more terrible than death it is then the truest valor to dare to live." - Sir Thomas Brown-
    “The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” -Carlos Casteneda-
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" -Voltaire