Thanks Thanks:  56
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bully Dog Tuner Results; The Good, The Bad, and the Unchanged

Toyota Tech
    Gameroom Cash
    $52055
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Bully Dog Tuner Results; The Good, The Bad, and the Unchanged

No problem man! It'll serve more of a purpose in your truck at the track then it will sitting in storage with my truck haha. It will ship out tomorrow at the latest. I also plan on updating everything to the newest version on their site (came out Monday, sounds like mostly N/A updates but will download anyways). You'll need to install bully dog's update agent on your computer too so it will download the tunes you select. Let me know when the time comes if you have any questions.

07 Tundra 2WD RCSB 5.7
    2"/4" drop; Belltech shocks, TR rear axle flip kit, Sequoia front swaybar, TRD rear swaybar with TR relocation kit
    BHLM with Oracle 5K LED low beams, DDM/Morimoto 5K 35W HID fogs, VLED switchback turn signals
    TRD Supercharger, G-Tek Fab SABM Kit, JBA long tube headers, custom dual 3" catted exhaust
    IPT modified valve body, CalTrac low-profile traction bars, 4.30 gear swap, Auburn Gear Pro LSD
    Check out my dyno graphs and track times here

2. Thanks Supercharged, Rut "Thanks for this post"
    Gameroom Cash
    $7975
    Post Thanks / Like

Cliff Notes: Bully Dog adds maybe 50WHP, not 100whp
    295/50/16 Hoosier's hook!

When I first got to the track I ran the truck, full street trim, all seats, tailgate on, tow hitch, 30PSI in the tires. This was the same setup as when I ran 12.9@108 before BD.

Lost the key to my receiver, so it was stuck on there.
    Me and my bro's 335XI.

Today it went 12.7@111 with the BD on the 95 tune, unlimited speed, performance shft and throttle. 93 octane in the tank. Bully Dog really let me down in a way. I knew it didn't feel like a 100whp and was hoping to see 115MPH+ traps. I would say,as Ryteside's dyno showed,more like 50whp.

So I let the truck cool down for an hour and bolted up the Hoosiers. First run on them I left the truck in first gear and messed the run up. So pulled right back around and hot lapped it. 12.3@110 with a 60ft of 1.8
    This was against a full bolt on tuned 2013 5.0 mustang on Mickey Thompsons. He was impressed, unfortunately I was sleeping at the light and he got the win.

Next I bolted up the skinnies.

This was about the middle of the day, the sun was out, the temp and humidity were up and I sweat my but off changing wheels. I did not see any change in MPH or ET, but this could have been the warmer temps slowing me down. DA was around 1200, but it felt warmer to me. lol I pulled a 1.7 60ft this time but ET and trap stayed the same as before. You think I would have dropped a tenth or two in the 1/4 by dropping a tenth in the 60?

I guess we will see how the Bully Dog works for Supercharged next.

4. Thanks Rut, Blown5.7 "Thanks for this post"
    Gameroom Cash
    $23555
    Post Thanks / Like

12.9 @ 108. Before BD
    12.3 @ 110. With BD
    That's a 6/10th improvement! I'd say that's a definite better track time for sure!
    How does the "Performance Shift" work with the Spoolin VB Shift Kit? What exactly does it change?

Seasoned Veteran
    Gameroom Cash
    $64396
    Post Thanks / Like

Dang man! That sounds like a nice improvement. Are you happy? I wasn't sure from your post? Sounds like your truck has more in it with some runs during cooler weather

Gameroom Cash
    $7975
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't say the Bully Dog really gave me 6 tenths, since most of that was to do to the Hoosiers and dropping 3 tenths off my 60ft. The 12.7@111 is a direct comparison of how I ran the truck pre Bully Dog. I was thinking maybe the 5th gear shift slowed me down, but my 8th mile trap speed only went up a couple MPH. Should have been at least 90 MPH if I was making the power BD claims.

I don't have a shift kit. My truck is stock TRD setup, even the intake and custom catback exhaust. That's it beside some suspension stuff

I am a little disappointed because if the tuner truly added 70-99WHP, I should have easily ran 11.9's. I still think I can hit an 11.9 as is, just going to need some cooler weather, drop the tailgate, passenger seat and maybe tow hitch. That 1.7 60ft should have put me at a 12.1, but I made that pass at the warmest part of the day. I think I could pull a 1.6 60FT if I brake stalled it. All these passes were off idle. I tried to brake stall it one time and the tires broke loose right before the light went green, luckily I didn't roll the beams. I let off the gas and got right back into it as the green light tripped. I have go pro video I'm uploading right now.

I think Ryteside is going to do a back to back test, stock vs BD95 this Wednesday.
    Last edited by HULZAZZ; 10-27-2013 at 05:08 AM.

8. Thanks jbroas "Thanks for this post"
    Toyota Tech
    Gameroom Cash
    $52055
    Post Thanks / Like

I need some slicks. Lol

So your 12.7 With BD, did you get full hook on the line with street trim? Same goes for the 12.9 you previously ran. I won't ask about full hook with the skinnies

Great times man!!! Glad to see you at least saw some improvement with the BD tuner. I thought about trying the 95 tune but chickened out. Now my truck is sleeping until April. Don't forget to post your time slips in the 1/4 mile thread so the list gets updated.

Supercharged should be receiving my BD soon, and will be track testing over a few week period with back-to-back runs on stock, 93, 95 tunes.

07 Tundra 2WD RCSB 5.7
    2"/4" drop; Belltech shocks, TR rear axle flip kit, Sequoia front swaybar, TRD rear swaybar with TR relocation kit
    BHLM with Oracle 5K LED low beams, DDM/Morimoto 5K 35W HID fogs, VLED switchback turn signals
    TRD Supercharger, G-Tek Fab SABM Kit, JBA long tube headers, custom dual 3" catted exhaust
    IPT modified valve body, CalTrac low-profile traction bars, 4.30 gear swap, Auburn Gear Pro LSD

Gameroom Cash
    $7975
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks.

No. Both runs on my street tires were traction limited, with 30psi of air.

Just took a hole saw to one of my pro comps and got it off. Inner stud threads are kinda screwed, but still enough on the outside to get a new lug nut on.

Gameroom Cash
    $35115
    Post Thanks / Like

Great runs Brad!!

Should be getting the BD from Mike today and will be hitting the track this Wednesday and Friday. Temps as still Summer like and temps will be in the low 80s Wednesday and High 80s on Friday. I will be doing stock vs 93 and 95 Tunes so temps should not play a major role for comparison reasons. Have my fingers crossed I will see a 1/4 second improvement. Will be running some unleaded high octane fuel.
    TRD Supercharger, Shift Kit, M&H Cheater Slicks, Rear Cat Delete, Ground Force 3" lowering rear leaf, G-Tek Airbox Mod, Magnaflow 12468 DI/DO with turndowns, Caltrac Traction Bars, 2400 rpm TC, ASP Bigger Crank pulley, ASP water pulley, Trick Performance 2 gallon reservoir, Killer Chiller, AEM wideband, Autometer water (intercooler fluid) temp gauge, Craven Speed Dual Gauge Pod, AIS water/Meth Injection, ASP supercharger pulley, Ultra Gauge.

First 11 Second Tundra. 11.940 @ 113.19mph.
    1.66 second 60'.

Track Video. First 11 Second Tundra!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb9MNYFwUFA

Track Video 12.034 @ 113mph http://www.jdmtube.com/video/657/Toy...PH-PBIR-Moroso

Track Video 12.15 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr09O...e_gdata_player

Gameroom Cash
    $7975
    Post Thanks / Like

Good deal.

Yeah it has been cool here at night, but the track switched to days. It was 75deg when I made my passes the other day. Better than 90's, but I want to run it in some 50 degree dry air.

That's one thing I didn't have time to mix E85 or pick up race gas, so maybe the ECU pulled some timing. I would definetly run some with your setup, just to be safe.

Couple vids from the track this weekend.

Here is how you do a burnout while staged. lol I don't know how I didn't roll the beams and red light. Front brakes work pretty good I guess. Once I felt the tires break loose while trying to brake stall it, I let off and got right back in it and smoked the GTO that was trailered there.
    TRD Tundra vs GTO 1/4 mile - YouTube

Here is another my brother got with his cell phone. Too bad he missed my bad ass burnout and only caught the aftermath.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lbCJoca1O4

13. Thanks Rut "Thanks for this post"
    TG Platinum VIP
    Gameroom Cash
    $122824
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice runs man!

LED 3rd brake light,LED tail lights
    LED rim lights, LED interior lights
    Front grill, Pirana Body kit
    TRD Supercharger, TRD swaybar
    TRD intake, VIS racing hood
    Rain guards, Tinted windows
    2/4 McGraughy's drop spindle kit
    custom 2 1/2 exhaust, magnflow

Gameroom Cash
    $35115
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm getting an error code trying to load the BD tune. Code is T700.
    Have been trying to get it resolved all day so I could make some test runs today, but I will have to try again tomorrow.

Next TNT is Friday night and really hope Bully Dog comes through.
    TRD Supercharger, Shift Kit, M&H Cheater Slicks, Rear Cat Delete, Ground Force 3" lowering rear leaf, G-Tek Airbox Mod, Magnaflow 12468 DI/DO with turndowns, Caltrac Traction Bars, 2400 rpm TC, ASP Bigger Crank pulley, ASP water pulley, Trick Performance 2 gallon reservoir, Killer Chiller, AEM wideband, Autometer water (intercooler fluid) temp gauge, Craven Speed Dual Gauge Pod, AIS water/Meth Injection, ASP supercharger pulley, Ultra Gauge.

First 11 Second Tundra. 11.940 @ 113.19mph.
    1.66 second 60'.

Track Video. First 11 Second Tundra!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb9MNYFwUFA

Track Video 12.034 @ 113mph http://www.jdmtube.com/video/657/Toy...PH-PBIR-Moroso

Track Video 12.15 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr09O...e_gdata_player

16. Thanks MPToy07 "Thanks for this post"
    Toyota Tech
    Gameroom Cash
    $52055
    Post Thanks / Like

DragTimes
    Sorry to hear that Eddy. I ALMOST didn't get my truck to the track for the runs I posted earlier due to the same code. I had to call their technical hotline to get the issue resolved. Hopefully they don't give you as much grief as they did to me.

Brainstorm: I'll be texting you shortly.

07 Tundra 2WD RCSB 5.7

18. Thanks Supercharged "Thanks for this post"
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast