siliconehose.com
Thanks Thanks:  8
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: `07 to `11 headlight upgrade. Auto level?

Novice

Gameroom Cash
    $8650
    Post Thanks / Like

Default `07 to `11 headlight upgrade. Auto level?

Hey guys. Im new to the forum. I work for an import dealer in Tokyo, and have a question about a 2007 Tundra. Its a customer`s vehicle, and he recently replaced his 2007 headlights with 2011 headlights which are equiped with auto leveling. The wiring for the auto leveling is not there though (apparently, I havent actually had the car in to look at). I searched around a bit and couldn`t readily spot a wiring kit to allow you to use the auto leveling feature on his vehicle. I thought maybe you ehtusiasts would have some ideas!

Any help is appreciated, even if its to say this can`t be done, or hasn`t yet been done.

Cheers,
    Isaac

Toyota Tech
    Gameroom Cash
    $52055
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: `07 to `11 headlight upgrade. Auto level?

Welcome 88!!! I've heard of some people swapping to aftermarket headlights, which eliminates the auto-leveling function, but never someone who wanted to install it!!! I believe that feature came standard on all 2010+ models, so any year before that will not have the harness there for it. It can be done but you would have to do the wiring yourself. I haven't heard of anyone doing it yet. Hope this helps!!!

07 Tundra 2WD RCSB 5.7
    2"/4" drop; Belltech shocks, TR rear axle flip kit, Sequoia front swaybar, TRD rear swaybar with TR relocation kit
    BHLM with Oracle 5K LED low beams, DDM/Morimoto 5K 35W HID fogs, VLED switchback turn signals
    TRD Supercharger, G-Tek Fab SABM Kit, JBA long tube headers, custom dual 3" catted exhaust
    IPT modified valve body, CalTrac low-profile traction bars, 4.30 gear swap, Auburn Gear Pro LSD
    Check out my dyno graphs and track times here

TG Gold VIP
    Gameroom Cash
    $109945
    Post Thanks / Like

I have done a little searching. From what I understand, the brains are the switch in the dash.
    You have to figure if the motor is in the headlight, something has to drive that motor.
    Unfortunately no one will let me tear their 2010 or newer truck apart so I can figure it out.

Administrator
    Gameroom Cash
    $100313230
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Isaac!

Hang tight buddy we have a couple very knowledgeable guys here that work for Toyota dealers and I'm certain you'll get your answer.

Good luck!

Shoot me a PM about G-Tek Fab Door Sill Protectors and SABM (Stock Air Box Mod) kits for your 2007/2016+ Tundra>>> PM Dez

"Gregorio"

Toyota Tech
    Gameroom Cash
    $52055
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OkSlim View Post
    I have done a little searching. From what I understand, the brains are the switch in the dash.
    You have to figure if the motor is in the headlight, something has to drive that motor.
    Unfortunately no one will let me tear their 2010 or newer truck apart so I can figure it out.
    The wiring diagram is actually very simple for this setup. There's a power source (runs off the headlight relay) that goes to both motors and the switch, then theres a wire from the switch to both motors (signal wire I'm guessing), and a ground for the switch both motors. Pick up a switch, run a few wires and you should be good to go!!! It would be so much easier to post the wiring diagram but Toyota's webiste won't let me

07 Tundra 2WD RCSB 5.7
    2"/4" drop; Belltech shocks, TR rear axle flip kit, Sequoia front swaybar, TRD rear swaybar with TR relocation kit
    BHLM with Oracle 5K LED low beams, DDM/Morimoto 5K 35W HID fogs, VLED switchback turn signals
    TRD Supercharger, G-Tek Fab SABM Kit, JBA long tube headers, custom dual 3" catted exhaust
    IPT modified valve body, CalTrac low-profile traction bars, 4.30 gear swap, Auburn Gear Pro LSD

Novice

Gameroom Cash
    $8650
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

We started off as an automobile electronics company and hold several pattents on our HID kits as well as various switches, etc...so doing things ourselves should be no issue. I supopse if no one sells a kit we will have to find a `10+ harness and cut/ splice it into the `07. Does anyone have info on what type of sensors are used/ where they are mounted? What controls the sensors?

Thanks in advance,
    Isaac

Novice

Gameroom Cash
    $8650
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dez View Post
    Welcome Isaac!

Hang tight buddy we have a couple very knowledgeable guys here that work for Toyota dealers and I'm certain you'll get your answer.

Good luck!
    Thanks! This should be a great resource for me!

Novice

Gameroom Cash
    $8650
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MPToy07 View Post
    The wiring diagram is actually very simple for this setup. There's a power source (runs off the headlight relay) that goes to both motors and the switch, then theres a wire from the switch to both motors (signal wire I'm guessing), and a ground for the switch both motors. Pick up a switch, run a few wires and you should be good to go!!! It would be so much easier to post the wiring diagram but Toyota's webiste won't let me

That would make things easier

So from that case it sounds like I dont necessarily need the harness, just run my own wires/ switch. The only problem then is the sensor/ signal. This I assume would need to be purchased. Does it tie into the ECM somehow or is it free standing on its own?

Thanks for the help guys. I`ll post up some pictures of the process when we do it in case anyone else wants to do the same thing.

Isaac

Toyota Tech
    Gameroom Cash
    $52055
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 88House View Post
    That would make things easier

So from that case it sounds like I dont necessarily need the harness, just run my own wires/ switch. The only problem then is the sensor/ signal. This I assume would need to be purchased. Does it tie into the ECM somehow or is it free standing on its own?

Thanks for the help guys. I`ll post up some pictures of the process when we do it in case anyone else wants to do the same thing.

Isaac
    There actually is no sensor for these, as it isn't actually an automatic system - it is only controlled manually by the driver from the switch in the cab. It doesn't appear to be tied into the ECM in any way. The power comes from the Headlamp relay, and everything else appears to be controlled by the switch itself. You would need the connectors for the switch and the headlight motors, and the rest is just running wires to the appropriate places.

07 Tundra 2WD RCSB 5.7

Novice

Gameroom Cash
    $8650
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MPToy07 View Post
    There actually is no sensor for these, as it isn't actually an automatic system - it is only controlled manually by the driver from the switch in the cab. It doesn't appear to be tied into the ECM in any way. The power comes from the Headlamp relay, and everything else appears to be controlled by the switch itself. You would need the connectors for the switch and the headlight motors, and the rest is just running wires to the appropriate places.
    That makes sense. They are auto in the sense that power adjustable mirrors are auto...That actually helps alot. I`ll see if I can find somewhere that will sell me the motors and the switch.

Administrator
    Gameroom Cash
    $100313230
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait House... Motors for what? The motors for these headlights already built into them.

Sounds like a simple project actually. I think a DIY is in order here.

Shoot me a PM about G-Tek Fab Door Sill Protectors and SABM (Stock Air Box Mod) kits for your 2007/2016+ Tundra>>> PM Dez

"Gregorio"

Gameroom Cash
    $176864
    Post Thanks / Like

If you have the 2010+ headlights....the motors should already be in the headlights.

'10 Black 5.7L DC TRD Rock Warrior 4x4

Mods:
    Volant CAI | Tundra All Weather Floor Mats | G-Tek Polished Door Sill Protectors | TRD Anodized Aluminum Shifter | Alpine 10" Type-S Shallow mount Subwoofer |
    Custom Sealed Sub Enclosure | Behind the Rear Seat Access Mod | Custom BRS Amp Rack | Sony Xplod 800 Watt 2-Channel Amp | Zapco ST-4X Component Amp |
    Helix Esprit E62C 6 3/4" Components (front) | Helix Esprit E6x 6 3/4" Two Way Speaker (rear) | Loud Ass Horn Mod | LED Strip Lighting - floor boards | LED Interior Bulbs |
    Cravens Speed Stubby Antennae | BHLM | VHT NightShaded Tails | Plastidipped Badges | 8k 35w Lo/Fogs & 8k 55w Hi HIDs

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast