Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My check engine light, vsc, and traction came on and idle jumped???

Administrator
    Gameroom Cash
    $100313230
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LBCTUNDRA View Post
    sorry i didnt get back to u guys i jus got back from texas for work what ended up being the problem was that dirt got into my throttle body and made the it stick its weird because it triggerd all the lights and made my truck move at 2 mph what was last recorded when the dealer hooked it up to the truck they didnt charge me for they cleaned it up and I was on my way
    When it starts chugging like that its called "limp mode" the truck is designed to do that so you don't do any more dammage.

From what I understand some Toyota mechanics didn't know about limp mode in the early days.

Shoot me a PM about G-Tek Fab Door Sill Protectors and SABM (Stock Air Box Mod) kits for your 2007/2016+ Tundra>>> PM Dez

"Gregorio"

TG Gold VIP
    Gameroom Cash
    $17125
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My check engine light, vsc, and traction came on and idle jumped???

Sorry if this isn't in the right place but I need help...on the way home from work tonight I turned off the VSC, AUTO LSD, and such. Got halfway home and had to pass this nut job that was lolly gagging around and as stepped on the gas the truck seemed as if it took forever to shift, and suddenly the "check engine light" started flashing and felt like the truck was so called in limp mode. I managed to baby it home and turned the truck off waited 5 mins and started it back up...no check engine light on? Anyone ideas on what it may be? Have I messed up my truck? BTW the truck is Supercharged

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12