TRDShop
Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: 2016 5.7 fueling issue

Rookie
    Gameroom Cash
    $5000
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2016 5.7 fueling issue

Need help every bit of info is all over the place. Last night went to get fuel and fuel pump kept kicking off and fuel ran out as if it was full. So looking underneath I am thinking the carbon canister is plugged. Can I remove this and clean it out? Or do I need a brand new one

Picture was just for attention

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pro Class
    Gameroom Cash
    $21544
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2016 5.7 fueling issue

You may want to look for a bleeder tube first and try to clear that out first, or acquire a new one. A carbon canister may be on the extreme end of your replacement list as it requires hella bling.
    Have you attempted another gas station? I've gone through a similar phase where the station's fuel pump would kick off and it wasn't anywhere near full, and I would try it multiple times even twisting it gangsta style and it still wouldn't go. At that point I just hung it up and went to another gas station and it fueled up without any issue. Hope this helps.

Mods
    -Front License plate removed
    -FJ Cruiser Running Boards
    -White Turn signals
    -Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    -Laufenn XFit AT 275/65-R18
    -TRD anti-squat bar
    - Optima Yellow top

Up coming Mods
    -VLED interior lights

Rookie
    Gameroom Cash
    $5000
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2016 5.7 fueling issue

Quote Originally Posted by blackdemon View Post
    You may want to look for a bleeder tube first and try to clear that out first, or acquire a new one. A carbon canister may be on the extreme end of your replacement list as it requires hella bling.
    Have you attempted another gas station? I've gone through a similar phase where the station's fuel pump would kick off and it wasn't anywhere near full, and I would try it multiple times even twisting it gangsta style and it still wouldn't go. At that point I just hung it up and went to another gas station and it fueled up without any issue. Hope this helps.
    Well I took it to the dealer they had it for a couple of days they took it to a gas station and took a video of it fueling fine. They ran diagnostics and found nothing. So itís fine now. But I did try three different stations and two pumps at each station and it would not let me. But itís a miracle!!!! It works now. Twisting it gangsta style!!!! Thatís a perfect explanation! Thanks for your input .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk