siliconehose.com
Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: 2010 Tundra Double Cab JL Audio Setup

Rookie
    Gameroom Cash
    $5155
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2010 Tundra Double Cab JL Audio Setup

Iíve been installing my own stereo for nearly 20 years now. So, by no means I would consider myself an expert or professional. But I know my way around the 12V audio world.

Iíve dealt with systems leaning more towards SPL. From subs and amps like Kicker, Ascendant Audio, Skar Audio, Orion, and even Rockford Fosgate.

So, the new journey starts.... I have a 2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab. Iíve been contemplating on what type of stereo to do in this truck for some time now. Would be easy to get rid of the back seat and do a wall but thatís not practical as I do need the back seat. Iím getting older and going with more SQ now. So, Iíll be sticking to all JL Audio.

I do have brackets made to move the back seat forward 1Ē-4Ē and the brackets for the back wall as well. I just decided not to use them because they didnít really justify the lack of leg room I would have in the back. I did try them but didnít take pics. I wasnít too happy with the result. Again, they bolted down fine. Just no room to comfortably to sit.

So, I already ordered some items that I will be using. I came across a JL Audio 10W3v3 that I couldnít pass up for the price. It even included a sealed box that I believe will fit behind the back seat since I do have the awesome backseat mod. So, for the time being Iíll use that until I get a ported box built for under my seat. If I have to Iíll make another set of brackets to raise the seat a little for clearance.

For the time being I will be using the OEM non-JBL navigation radio to see how simply adding an amp sounds on the factory speakers. Then, Iíll change the factory speakers to JL Audio.

I already ordered a JL Audio 500/5 amp (100x2, 25x2, 250x1) so I believe thatíll push the speakers and sub to the full potential. Iím curious to see how the stock speakers handle this amp too.

Also, I decided not to use a LOC because I will be upgrading the radio soon. So this is just an experiment because I havenít seen many on this forum that have done what Iím going to do.

Iíll be using a custom t harness to utilize the factory wiring. This amp doesnít have speaker level inputs but does accept speaker level to rca inputs so I also ordered the appropriate adapters. I also have a roll of speed wire coming as well. This has 8 speaker wires plus a remote wire.

Just giving everyone a heads up. Once I get started, if anyone is interested Iíll be posing pics of progress...

Rookie
    Gameroom Cash
    $5000
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2010 Tundra Double Cab JL Audio Setup

There's not much thread here about their audio setup so I'm kinda interested to see your take on it. Update us on your progress.

TG Super Moderator
    Gameroom Cash
    $83818
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see the pictures, James!!

Rookie
    Gameroom Cash
    $5155
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to figure out where I want to put the amp, either under the seat, behind the seat, or on the wall. This amp is almost 20" L.

Also, here are some pics on each side of the truck. Not sure where I'll mount the sub box. Either driver side or passenger side.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image5.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	131.0 KB 
ID:	6837   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image7.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	115.4 KB 
ID:	6838   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image10.jpg 
Size:	156.0 KB 
ID:	6839   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image12.jpg 
Size:	150.0 KB 
ID:	6840   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image8.jpg 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	6841  

TG Super Moderator
    Gameroom Cash
    $83818
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice!!

Administrator
    Gameroom Cash
    $100313230
    Post Thanks / Like

Purchase Revtek's REV7506 lift kit and get a 4WP Promotional Gift Card for up to $180
    That must sound super tight in a double cab.

Shoot me a PM about G-Tek Fab Door Sill Protectors and SABM (Stock Air Box Mod) kits for your 2007/2016+ Tundra>>> PM Dez

"Gregorio"