siliconehose.com
Thanks Thanks:  1

Thread: TSB for frame corrosion

Pro Class
    Gameroom Cash
    $21544
    Post Thanks / Like

Default TSB for frame corrosion

So, while I laid beneath my truck while changing the starter a few weeks ago I've noticed a lot more corrosion than usual in the frame... coincidentally I decided to test my truck and drive 300 miles to visit my mother where I found myself a letter from Toyota referencing this issue... since I have been to the Midwest for training for an extended period of time and spending time in the Sierra Nevada, and Northern Nevada I decided to take it to the stealership for a frame inspection. They resisted as any other stealership will do since it was a TSB, 3 service advisers later some argumentative discussion and consulting on when exactly the service expired (Day of first use) which for them meant the 1st of the month, even though it was purchased toward the end of the month, so after more sidebars they decided to take it in.. Since it kinda qualified..

I was called to be briefly informed there was some major concerns, but wanted to charge me for additional inspection on the top side of the frame and since its been so far out of warranty. My question to them was, isn't this covered under the TSB, since it's a frame inspection, so I declined the charge and I've yet to hear back, so... I called just to see where they're since its been 3 days. I understand that frame inspections may take a while since the body might have to be removed from the frame and some tech may give me a weight reduced truck with missing bolts, so I'm not trying to rush them either....

So my question to you guys is, Is it normal to be charged a fee for a TSB??? I took mine in a couple years ago for a window switch that fried and I wasn't even asked for additional funds while getting all new switches all around...

Thanks in advance.

Mods
    -Front License plate removed
    -FJ Cruiser Running Boards
    -White Turn signals
    -Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    -Laufenn XFit AT 275/65-R18
    -TRD anti-squat bar
    - Optima Yellow top

Up coming Mods
    -VLED interior lights

Administrator
    Gameroom Cash
    $100313230
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: TSB for frame corrosion

I don’t know for sure but I would think any dealer performing a TSB fix would be backed by corporate Toyota so they shouldn’t be charging the customer a penny. All the billing should be directed to Toyota and not the customer. Contact corporate.

Shoot me a PM about G-Tek Fab Door Sill Protectors and SABM (Stock Air Box Mod) kits for your 2007/2016+ Tundra>>> PM Dez

"Gregorio"

TG Super Moderator
    Gameroom Cash
    $83818
    Post Thanks / Like

Open a case. They should not charge for an inspection and they should give you a loaner if it takes more than a day.

4. Thanks Dez "Thanks for this post"
    Pro Class
    Gameroom Cash
    $21544
    Post Thanks / Like

So Monday, I called the stealership and asked on the status on my truck since it had sat there since Thursday. To my "disbelief" nobody knew exactly what was going on with my truck. So, I was asked if they would call back to which I accepted.

15 minutes later the service adviser called me back and said that the truck was ready since Friday and that he felt it was an assumption that by telling me the truck was getting put back together meant that I should go and pick it up. So I took myself over just to be told no one knew where my truck was nor what the status on it was. So they called the service adviser to figure out what exactly was going on with my vehicle. Once the adviser came down he backtracked what he stated about major issues and stated there were no issues, but without the payment for the inspection they weren't able to continue. So, my truck was so "ready" that the work order wasn't even closed out, and it took them a while to figure that out as well.

So I called corporate about the issue and the word from the horse's mouth is that there is a charge since the dealer is not getting paid for the inspection. The payment does take into consideration the actual work "correcting" the corrosion either by sanding it down and repainting it, or painting over the corrosion, or segments being replaced.
    So, consider youself advised???? referencing this TSB

Mods
    -Front License plate removed
    -FJ Cruiser Running Boards
    -White Turn signals
    -Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    -Laufenn XFit AT 275/65-R18
    -TRD anti-squat bar
    - Optima Yellow top

Up coming Mods
    -VLED interior lights