Tundra Parts Exchange
Thanks Thanks:  10

Thread: LED CK Bulb Setup

Gameroom Cash
    $5000
    Post Thanks / Like

Default LED CK Bulb Setup

Anyone familiar with CK LED BULBS and CK sockets on the 2nd Gen Tundras (I have a 2007 DC limited 5.7l)?

For the life of me I cannot get my 3157 CK LEDs to dual function. They either just stay on as DRLs or do not come on at all. I have aftermarket Spyder headlights wity the LED/HALOs and have already tapped them into the DRLs. I also have the 6ohm load balancers tapped into the DRLs.

Can I not run both the led 3157 CK bulbs and the Syder's LEDs & Halos off the DRLs?

Thanks for any info!
    Last edited by bigsapz; 12-29-2015 at 08:55 AM.

2. Thanks Dez "Thanks for this post"
    Pro Class
    Gameroom Cash
    $7075
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: LED CK Bulb Setup

Your going to need to get 50w6ohm resistors to get them to work properly. You can either 1, buy the resistors as a set of 4 (2 per light or 1 per light I have seen multiple setups) and attach them yourself or 2, you can (which I did) is buy the 3157 dual filament wiring harness which is plug-and-play just make sure you connect it the correct way or it can blow a fuse. There is no modification with the second option, The first option will require you to attach the resistors in parallel (DRL and signal wires) to mimic that of a filament bulb. I got some 3157CK style switchback LEDs coming today and will update on the outcome. Did you get the switchback style White/amber or the amber only?

Note: DO NOT attach the resistors to any plastic surface as they do get hot and could possible melt something Like your headlight housing or something else.

Link for 3157 resistors with 3157 dual fitment: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...ilpage_o05_s00
    link for resistors only: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o00_s00
    Resistor install video (Headlight Revolution install video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo1Xb1Z6u0E
    Last edited by bsavoir; 12-29-2015 at 10:41 AM.

4. Thanks Dez "Thanks for this post"
    Pro Class
    Gameroom Cash
    $7075
    Post Thanks / Like

Update: the 3157 wiring harness did not allow my blinker to work, Drl probably wires hooked up wrong, not going to find out and was 20 bucks. I am going to hookup the resistors to the blinker wire.

6. Thanks Dez "Thanks for this post"
    Gameroom Cash
    $5000
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried the resistors last night and they're still not blinking. This CK socket bull**** is a pain in the ass!

8. Thanks Dez "Thanks for this post"
    Pro Class
    Gameroom Cash
    $7075
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm. I hooked up my 3157CK switchback LEDs last night and everything is working the only issue I am having is the hyper flash which the resistor should fix. What brand of LEDs did you get? Did you hook up the resistor to the blinker wire and to the negative wire? Did you try putting the in the opposite way? Where did you get the LEDs from? You might just have to get another set of LEDs. The wiring (DRL) for the headlights on the 2nd Gen are the same as the 3rd Gen.

this is what I ordered: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...ilpage_o00_s00

10. Thanks Dez "Thanks for this post"
    Gameroom Cash
    $5000
    Post Thanks / Like

I gave up on the 3157s and just wired the LED strip on my Spyder headlights to the turn signals. Problem solved for now. I'm post up pics later. I picked up a wide variety of LEDs from various places

12. Thanks Dez "Thanks for this post"
    Gameroom Cash
    $5000
    Post Thanks / Like

If I already have my LED/Halo headlights tapped into the DRLs/Turn signals? Can I still tap in resistors in for 3157CK LEDs so i can have LEDs across the board?

14. Thanks Dez "Thanks for this post"
    Pro Class
    Gameroom Cash
    $7075
    Post Thanks / Like

I have spyder auto headlights w/drl but i dont have the halos. The resistor is only needed to stop the hyperflash. The resistor will not affect the drl as it needs to be hooked up to the turn signal wire and the negative.

16. Thanks Dez "Thanks for this post"
    Gameroom Cash
    $5000
    Post Thanks / Like

OK cool. So if I have the LED strip on the headlight wired into the turn signal, can that as the turn signal and pop the LED 3157CK into the DRL. This will make the 3157 just a DRL and not a turn signal in theory. If the 3157CK doesn't blink, I don't need resistors right?

18. Thanks Dez "Thanks for this post"
    Pro Class
    Gameroom Cash
    $7075
    Post Thanks / Like

You can do that i would get a separate wiring harness and just disconnect the blinker wire and leave the DRL hooked up so there wouldn't be any issues (when i got the non CK leds by accident my DRL would flicker when the signal lights were on). I was actually thinking of doing something similar but its still in the planning phase.

20. Thanks Dez "Thanks for this post"