Thanks Thanks:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro 2" Body Lift kit

Pro Class
    Gameroom Cash
    $8675
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2015 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro 2" Body Lift kit

Pro Comp Truck and Jeep Suspension Systems now 10% OFF!
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyspin View Post
    295/70/18s (35s) will fit on your truck with minor trimming. Someone posted a picture of a Pro with them on and said only skid plate and mud flaps were trimmed. You spent a lot of money for the suspension on that truck and it doesn't make sense to change it. Why do you want to raise it with a body lift? It might look cool but it is just not good for the truck.
    Just want to look cool.

Why's it not good for the truck?

...and thanks for the replay, seems it's hard to get anyone to post a link. :\

Peace!

TG Super Moderator
    Gameroom Cash
    $83818
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SGT_Okinawa View Post
    Why's it not good for the truck?
    To simplify the explaination I will explain it this way. We all know how levers work and and that levers multiply force. When you add a 2" body lift to a vehicle you are acctually adding 2" lever to the attach points on the frame and the body. All engineering designs have a safety factor built in, but if you are aggressively off roading, the safety factor could easily be exceeded with the help of this lever, and damage could occur.

3. Thanks mdh871 "Thanks for this post"
    Administrator
    Gameroom Cash
    $100313230
    Post Thanks / Like

To keep this topic from being a little one sided...

I respectfully disagree as I installed one on my first gen following all the instructions and torque specs. I used to beat the f$%# out of that thing at high speed desert as well as steep crawling 4x4 and never once did I even have to go back and re-tighten any bolts.

There are 8 lift points and given the area they're holding together body lifts can easily last forever with no issues. I've mentioned this before, the pics you see of fails are usually kits that are home made or store bought that are not installed correctly. The most important part of the install is actually torquing to spec. A little loctite never hurt either.

Shoot me a PM about G-Tek Fab Door Sill Protectors and SABM (Stock Air Box Mod) kits for your 2007/2016+ Tundra>>> PM Dez

"Gregorio"

Pro Class
    Gameroom Cash
    $7075
    Post Thanks / Like

Have been able to find any body lift kits for you truck? It doesn't seem like there are too many body lifts kits for the 3rd generation tundra yet from what I can find. I wonder how much could have changed from the 2nd generation tundras.

Pro Class
    Gameroom Cash
    $8675
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback guys.

The search continues.

Peace!

TG Super Moderator
    Gameroom Cash
    $83818
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dez View Post
    To keep this topic from being a little one sided...

I respectfully disagree as I installed one on my first gen following all the instructions and torque specs. I used to beat the f$%# out of that thing at high speed desert as well as steep crawling 4x4 and never once did I even have to go back and re-tighten any bolts.

There are 8 lift points and given the area they're holding together body lifts can easily last forever with no issues. I've mentioned this before, the pics you see of fails are usually kits that are home made or store bought that are not installed correctly. The most important part of the install is actually torquing to spec. A little loctite never hurt either.
    Uh oh....here we go.....I think we might have had this discussion before?

Many people have installed body lifts on their truck and have had no issues. That doesn't change the fact that these lifts can exert forces that exceed the design parameters of the body and frame attach points. We have all seen the carnage that body lifts can cause. Some of these issues may be due to under torqueing or improper installation, but I suspect a large percentage are due to the multiplication of force on the body and frame attach points. Also, if you do decide to install a body lift on your vehicle you might as well throw that 4 star safety rating out with the old hardware. Will it be a 3 star? a 2 star? Its anyone's guess because there are no crash tests done with body lifts installed. This is just my opinion, but it is based on many years experience testing aircraft structures, in the engineering test laboratory as well as flight test.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12