Thanks Thanks:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom Entune Images

Rookie

Gameroom Cash
    $5000
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Custom Entune Images

Aside from my intro, this is my first real post on here. If I'm in the wrong spot just call me an idiot and let me know where to go.

The Entune lets you change the images that are shown at the startup and when the display is turned off. The startup is only shown for a few seconds, but the display off image is shown as long as you, well, have the display off.

I've made some custom images to add in my new Tundra. I can make more as well if anyone is interested. Here is what I'm currently using.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CamoToyoDark.jpg 
Views:	3945 
Size:	197.5 KB 
ID:	5098

If anyone is interested in the process, let me know. They go over it in the user manual, but it may be something people overlook or don't care about.

2. Thanks Dez, LCBrewing "Thanks for this post"
    Administrator
    Gameroom Cash
    $100313230
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Custom Entune Images

Wow that's super clear! Nice work!

Shoot me a PM about G-Tek Fab Door Sill Protectors and SABM (Stock Air Box Mod) kits for your 2007/2016+ Tundra>>> PM Dez

"Gregorio"

4. Thanks TEXAN "Thanks for this post"
    Rookie
    Gameroom Cash
    $5000
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm interested

Rookie

Gameroom Cash
    $5000
    Post Thanks / Like

Before you read my ridiculously long post, you can find the really short version of these instructions in your user manual. (Page 4 in the linked PDF)

You'll need to start with an external hard drive. I tried using two old thumb drives I had laying around, but neither worked. I have an external HD that uses a USB cable to connect, and it worked immediately. I'd suggest using one of those, but a "newer" thumb drive may do the trick.

Preparing the HD:
    To setup the HD, hook it up to your PC (haven't tested this with a Mac) and view the contents of the drive. On the main drive (the root folder/not inside another folder), create two new folders. Name one of the folders StartupImage. The name is case-sensitive, so capital S and capital I, one word. Name the other folder DisplayOffImage. Use a capital D, O, and I, one word.

Like the folder names suggest, the images you put in StartupImage will be seen for a few seconds when you start the engine. Images in the DisplayOffImage folder can be seen when you turn the display off.

Image Specifications:
    You can have up to three custom images in each folder. The images can be up to 5MB in size. They must be JPEG files. The actual file extension doesn't have to be capitalized - tundra.JPEG, tundra.jpeg, tundra.JPG and tundra.jpg will work. The dimension of the image that I believe works best is 885x530 pixels.

To get the images onto your Entune:
    Before you start your truck, plug your external HD that contains the folders & images into your truck's USB port. Once it's hooked up, start the engine. From the main Entune screen, go to APPS, then Setup, then General. Scroll down to the Customize Startup Image or Customize Screen Off Image option, and select whichever you're wanting to change. On this screen you'll notice four images. The first will be the stock image, and then three empty slots. That's where your custom images will go. Now just select Transfer. When the Entune prompts you about over-writing images, select yes. You won't over-write the stock image. It's there forever.

The transfer process should go pretty quick (a matter of 10 seconds maybe). If you have very large files, it will take a little longer - but not too much longer. If you're sitting there for two minutes, something has probably gone wrong. Check the folder names, check the files, try a different drive. If you can't get that to work, let me know and I'll see if I can help.

After that, all you have to do is access the Customize Startup Image or Customize Screen Off Image menus, and select the custom image that you want. If you ever want to swap your images out, just repeat the process.

I have a lot of custom images already made, and I can make some more for whoever wants them. Just let me know what you're looking for. Here are a few of basic Tundra and TRD logos. If you make your own I would suggest using darker backgrounds so the screen doesn't light up the entire cab of the truck. You can adjust screen brightness and contrast, but even at the lowest settings you'll get a bright display.

Name:	TRD_orange.jpg 
Views:	1199 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	5215 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TRD_blue.jpg 
Views:	2403 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	5214 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TRD.jpg 
Views:	6450 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	5213

Name:	Tundra_Black_Orange.jpg 
Views:	819 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	5217 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tundra_Black_Blue.jpg 
Views:	2226 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	5216 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tundra_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	992 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	5218
    Last edited by TEXAN; 08-06-2014 at 10:19 AM.

7. Thanks Desert Dawg "Thanks for this post"
    Gameroom Cash
    $107122
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome, thanks for the breakdown of the instructions and those images!

Gameroom Cash
    $5000
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is the one I've been using the last week or so. Just the greatest all time player ever, MJ.

10. Thanks ToyPor "Thanks for this post"
    Rookie
    Gameroom Cash
    $5000
    Post Thanks / Like

Very cool! Looking forward to trying this one out. Thanks for sharing!

Rookie
    Gameroom Cash
    $5000
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is mine.

Name:	Light Speed 1.jpg 
Views:	954 
Size:	104.9 KB 
ID:	5470

900+ Miles 10/28/2014

Rookie
    Gameroom Cash
    $5905
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a simple feature but just makes the truck your

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rookie
    Gameroom Cash
    $5000
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greenheadhunter tundra View Post
    Here is the one I've been using the last week or so. Just the greatest all time player ever, MJ.

no doubt

I dont always put a signature, but when I do it goes here

Rookie
    Gameroom Cash
    $5000
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice

Rookie

Gameroom Cash
    $5000
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TEXAN View Post
    Before you read my ridiculously long post, you can find the really short version of these instructions in your user manual. (Page 4 in the linked PDF)

You'll need to start with an external hard drive. I tried using two old thumb drives I had laying around, but neither worked. I have an external HD that uses a USB cable to connect, and it worked immediately. I'd suggest using one of those, but a "newer" thumb drive may do the trick.

Preparing the HD:
    To setup the HD, hook it up to your PC (haven't tested this with a Mac) and view the contents of the drive. On the main drive (the root folder/not inside another folder), create two new folders. Name one of the folders StartupImage. The name is case-sensitive, so capital S and capital I, one word. Name the other folder DisplayOffImage. Use a capital D, O, and I, one word.

Like the folder names suggest, the images you put in StartupImage will be seen for a few seconds when you start the engine. Images in the DisplayOffImage folder can be seen when you turn the display off.

Image Specifications:
    You can have up to three custom images in each folder. The images can be up to 5MB in size. They must be JPEG files. The actual file extension doesn't have to be capitalized - tundra.JPEG, tundra.jpeg, tundra.JPG and tundra.jpg will work. The dimension of the image that I believe works best is 885x530 pixels.

To get the images onto your Entune:
    Before you start your truck, plug your external HD that contains the folders & images into your truck's USB port. Once it's hooked up, start the engine. From the main Entune screen, go to APPS, then Setup, then General. Scroll down to the Customize Startup Image or Customize Screen Off Image option, and select whichever you're wanting to change. On this screen you'll notice four images. The first will be the stock image, and then three empty slots. That's where your custom images will go. Now just select Transfer. When the Entune prompts you about over-writing images, select yes. You won't over-write the stock image. It's there forever.

The transfer process should go pretty quick (a matter of 10 seconds maybe). If you have very large files, it will take a little longer - but not too much longer. If you're sitting there for two minutes, something has probably gone wrong. Check the folder names, check the files, try a different drive. If you can't get that to work, let me know and I'll see if I can help.

After that, all you have to do is access the Customize Startup Image or Customize Screen Off Image menus, and select the custom image that you want. If you ever want to swap your images out, just repeat the process.

I have a lot of custom images already made, and I can make some more for whoever wants them. Just let me know what you're looking for. Here are a few of basic Tundra and TRD logos. If you make your own I would suggest using darker backgrounds so the screen doesn't light up the entire cab of the truck. You can adjust screen brightness and contrast, but even at the lowest settings you'll get a bright display.

Name:	TRD_orange.jpg 
Views:	1199 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	5215 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TRD_blue.jpg 
Views:	2403 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	5214 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TRD.jpg 
Views:	6450 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	5213

Name:	Tundra_Black_Orange.jpg 
Views:	819 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	5217 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tundra_Black_Blue.jpg 
Views:	2226 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	5216 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tundra_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	992 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	5218

Has anyone gotten this to work with a flash drive?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast