TRDShop
Thanks Thanks:  7
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 07+ DC Tundra "Behind the Rear Seat Access" Mod.

Administrator
    Gameroom Cash
    $100313230
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb 07+ DC Tundra "Behind the Rear Seat Access" Mod.

07+ DC owners, have you ever thought about putting amps or a gun rack behind your rear seats but have discovered there's no access?

Here's your answer.

1) Remove the rear seats completely from the truck.
    2) Next take a look at the back of each seat near the top and you will see two black plastic coated hooks on each seat. At the same angle as the end of each hook cut 1-1/4" off the end of each one. This modification removes enough of the hooks to allow the seat back to fold forward. It also leaves enough of the hooks to be able to latch back again safely with no problems.
    *Now reinstall the seats and test your work!

Pull the release handle on the seat and lift the seat up, then pull the back of the seat forward as the now shortened hooks release from the "U" hooks on the cab wall.
    WORD OF ADVICE: Do not bend the "U" hooks as apposed to cutting the seat hooks! The "U" hooks have been known to break off!

Cut hooks like this using a hack saw or sawzall!

Lean it forward and check your work!

Lots of room back there!

* DO NOT BEND THESE "U" HOOKS!

TG Platinum VIP
    Gameroom Cash
    $103753
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, yes there is lots of room. This is what I chose to do with mine...

But I'm already scheming on "Version 2" that will replace the carpeted wood panel with a heavy canvas piece more like the original vinyl...covered entirely with PALS webbing.
    2008 Tundra DC 5.7L SR5 4x4 TRD Silver Sky Metallic, Graphite fabric, JBL sound, tow package/mirrors, rear view camera, Homelink EC mirror, TRD Sport shifter, Spray-in liner, OEM: bed rails, brushed SS steps, skidplate, all-weather mats
    Mods by ME: Anytime Camera, WO Seat Covers, Folding Rear Seat, Custom RIjon Grill Badge, ProClip Mobile Phone Holder, Auto-On Headlights, CravenSpeed Bullet antenna, Color-Match Unibrow/ Fog Surrounds/ Tailgate Handle/ Door Handles, Pass Seatbelt Chime Disable, Debadged, G-Tek Door Sill Protectors, TC USA American Roll Cover w/ integrated Yakima rails, In-Bed Axe & Shovel Mounts, Rear Seat Gun Rack, Stock Intake Mod, 55W 6k HID highs, Anytime Fog Light Mod, Auto AC Controller (with reset issue solved), Optitron Gage Cluster swap, 2010 JBL CD Changer with working USB, Power Tailgate Lock
    WISH list: Dechrome & Line-X bumpers, BHLM, fender flares, Level kit, LEDs under bed cover, power fold tow mirrors

TG Platinum VIP
    Gameroom Cash
    $120518
    Post Thanks / Like

wow lol, i had my truck for 2 months now and i never knew the top part of the rear seats fold down, i knew the bottom piece fold up cuz i had to use the storage bin but i dint see the latch or handle whatever that folds the seat down, i dint check the manual yet cuz i never thought bout it at first but wow, learn something new everyday lol

2007 DCSB 2WD, 5.7L V8, Timberland MICA
    *Homelink Rearview Mirror, *Paramount Grille, *Tinted Front 2 Doors
    *All White LED Interior, *Line-X, *6K 35W HID for Lows, *L.A.H.M
    *ATC Tonneau Cover, *OEM Fog Lights, *BHLM, *Debadged
    *True Duals on Dual Glasspacks, *aFe Stage 2 CAI w/ Ramoine Mod
    *Bilstein 5100 Shocks-Front & Rear, *The Stubby Antenna by CS
    *18x9 XD Monsters +18mm offset, *Nitto Terras 275/65

Administrator
    Gameroom Cash
    $100313230
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oo_phuong View Post
    wow lol, i had my truck for 2 months now and i never knew the top part of the rear seats fold down, i knew the bottom piece fold up cuz i had to use the storage bin but i dint see the latch or handle whatever that folds the seat down, i dint check the manual yet cuz i never thought bout it at first but wow, learn something new everyday lol
    This is a mod thread Phuong! Hahaha! You have to follow the steps in order to make it fold down.

Shoot me a PM about G-Tek Fab Door Sill Protectors and SABM (Stock Air Box Mod) kits for your 2007/2016+ Tundra>>> PM Dez

"Gregorio"

TG Platinum VIP
    Gameroom Cash
    $120518
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deznutjob View Post
    This is a mod thread Phuong! Hahaha! You have to follow the steps in order to make it fold down.

o ****, i shoulda double read ur thread greg lol, i read it once then looked at the pics but what caught my attention was the seats foldin down but dint think twice that this thread was to get the seats to fold down lol

2007 DCSB 2WD, 5.7L V8, Timberland MICA
    *Homelink Rearview Mirror, *Paramount Grille, *Tinted Front 2 Doors
    *All White LED Interior, *Line-X, *6K 35W HID for Lows, *L.A.H.M
    *ATC Tonneau Cover, *OEM Fog Lights, *BHLM, *Debadged
    *True Duals on Dual Glasspacks, *aFe Stage 2 CAI w/ Ramoine Mod
    *Bilstein 5100 Shocks-Front & Rear, *The Stubby Antenna by CS
    *18x9 XD Monsters +18mm offset, *Nitto Terras 275/65

Administrator
    Gameroom Cash
    $100313230
    Post Thanks / Like

Dude, its a very simple mod and should take 30 minutes tops!

Shoot me a PM about G-Tek Fab Door Sill Protectors and SABM (Stock Air Box Mod) kits for your 2007/2016+ Tundra>>> PM Dez

"Gregorio"

TG Platinum VIP
    Gameroom Cash
    $133649
    Post Thanks / Like

what did you use to cut it?

White Lightning
    www.screen-fx.net
    07 5.7 Double Cab SR5
    Smoked LED Tail Light
    10k HID Low, 6k HID 55w Fog
    20x8.5 American Racing Marin
    275/55R20 Yokohama Geolander AT-S Tires
    Anytime Foglight Mod
    BHLM
    Banks Monster Exhaust
    aFe Stage 2 CAI
    Extang Black Max Tonneau Cover
    2 Kicker Comp 10
    Kicker 540 watt amp
    Clarion Double Din 50x4 Head unit
    Kobalt Tool Box (Plasti-Dipped)
    Full Interior LEDs
    LEDs in Cup Holders
    Backup Lights In Bumper
    Plasti Dipped Emblems
    To Do:
    SST Readylift 3" Lift/Level
    20% Tint on front two windows

"Josh"
    http://tundrageeks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1537

TG Platinum VIP
    Gameroom Cash
    $103753
    Post Thanks / Like

Hacksaw, dremel with cut-off wheel, real grinder with cutoff wheel, your teeth (if you're into that kind of thing...)

I personally used a 4" grinder with a cutoff wheel (1/16" thick). If you throw something in the back to protect everything from sparks, you don't even have to remove them from the seats to do it.
    2008 Tundra DC 5.7L SR5 4x4 TRD Silver Sky Metallic, Graphite fabric, JBL sound, tow package/mirrors, rear view camera, Homelink EC mirror, TRD Sport shifter, Spray-in liner, OEM: bed rails, brushed SS steps, skidplate, all-weather mats
    Mods by ME: Anytime Camera, WO Seat Covers, Folding Rear Seat, Custom RIjon Grill Badge, ProClip Mobile Phone Holder, Auto-On Headlights, CravenSpeed Bullet antenna, Color-Match Unibrow/ Fog Surrounds/ Tailgate Handle/ Door Handles, Pass Seatbelt Chime Disable, Debadged, G-Tek Door Sill Protectors, TC USA American Roll Cover w/ integrated Yakima rails, In-Bed Axe & Shovel Mounts, Rear Seat Gun Rack, Stock Intake Mod, 55W 6k HID highs, Anytime Fog Light Mod, Auto AC Controller (with reset issue solved), Optitron Gage Cluster swap, 2010 JBL CD Changer with working USB, Power Tailgate Lock
    WISH list: Dechrome & Line-X bumpers, BHLM, fender flares, Level kit, LEDs under bed cover, power fold tow mirrors

Administrator
    Gameroom Cash
    $100313230
    Post Thanks / Like

^Easy there American chopper!!^^^ Lol!

I used a hack saw Josh! ...or you can use a sawzall. NO DUST.

"Gregorio"

TG Platinum VIP
    Gameroom Cash
    $103753
    Post Thanks / Like

DOH! I forgot about the almighty sawzall!

I did mine while putting on my WO seat covers, so I had the back seats completely out anyway (was MUCH easier to install those seat covers that way) - and I did it in our company fab shop so the angle grinder was most convenient.

Still one of my favorite mods.

Administrator
    Gameroom Cash
    $100313230
    Post Thanks / Like

I had mine out while doing the cuts also.

Dude! Good idea pullin the seats for the cover install. I'll be getting some wet okole's for the back soon and thats the way I'm gonna install them!

"Gregorio"

TG Platinum VIP
    Gameroom Cash
    $103753
    Post Thanks / Like

Made things MUCH easier. I unbolted (but did not remove) the front seats when I put them on, but since I was planning on doing the seat back mod and everything, I just figured I'd fully remove the back ones when I put them on.

It also helps when you install the WO's on the back seats to weave the straps UNDER the springs/metal wire in the seat back. That will help tuck the edges of the seat cover down along the sides of the clips so they don't poke a hole in the seat cover when you flip down the seat... sort of hard to explain but I'll try to get you a few photos to see what I mean.

EDIT:

Here's a photo of the seat covers installed BEFORE I re-routed the straps under the metal wire. You can see how the seat cover bunches up a little right at the clip. I actually did poke a hole in the passeger side cover because of this. I'll get an updated photo of how I have the straps run and get it posted later today or tomorrow for you.

Last edited by LCBrewing; 06-23-2010 at 09:38 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast