Thanks Thanks:  5
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 07, 5.7, dc 2wd transmission issues

Toyota Tech
    Gameroom Cash
    $52055
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 07, 5.7, dc 2wd transmission issues

Glad to hear it's getting closer to being fixed!!! It's possible that the TCM learned the characteristics and may just need to be reset. I don't know of any way to reset it besides using Toyota's Techstream scan tool. If you have access to one of those, it will be under Engine And ECT / Utility / Reset memory. Otherwise the dealer can do it for ya, usually for a fee. Worth a shot. Hopefully that fixes your issue.

07 Tundra 2WD RCSB 5.7
    2"/4" drop; Belltech shocks, TR rear axle flip kit, Sequoia front swaybar, TRD rear swaybar with TR relocation kit
    BHLM with Oracle 5K LED low beams, DDM/Morimoto 5K 35W HID fogs, VLED switchback turn signals
    TRD Supercharger, G-Tek Fab SABM Kit, JBA long tube headers, custom dual 3" catted exhaust
    IPT modified valve body, CalTrac low-profile traction bars, 4.30 gear swap, Auburn Gear Pro LSD
    Check out my dyno graphs and track times here

Novice
    Gameroom Cash
    $6430
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the bootleg techstream. ....... will that work?

Toyota Tech
    Gameroom Cash
    $52055
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes sir, it should. Give it a shot as described above in my last post.

07 Tundra 2WD RCSB 5.7
    2"/4" drop; Belltech shocks, TR rear axle flip kit, Sequoia front swaybar, TRD rear swaybar with TR relocation kit
    BHLM with Oracle 5K LED low beams, DDM/Morimoto 5K 35W HID fogs, VLED switchback turn signals
    TRD Supercharger, G-Tek Fab SABM Kit, JBA long tube headers, custom dual 3" catted exhaust
    IPT modified valve body, CalTrac low-profile traction bars, 4.30 gear swap, Auburn Gear Pro LSD

Novice
    Gameroom Cash
    $6430
    Post Thanks / Like

Will do!! The reason I asked if it will work is because I bought it a yr ago but never installed it, lol. So I don't know it's capabilities

Toyota Tech
    Gameroom Cash
    $52055
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha it's all good man!!!

Only thing I will say is this; I tried one of the ebay Chinese cables, and had no luck with it whatsoever. Techstream kept crashing, and when it did work it was extremely slow. Hopefully you'll have a better experience. I don't believe it would mess anything up if it crashes while resetting memory, you'll just have to restart the program and try again. Only time it would be really bad to crash is if you're flashing the ECU, which you don't have to do in this case. Good luck!!

07 Tundra 2WD RCSB 5.7

Novice
    Gameroom Cash
    $6430
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so here is my update. I have put around 3k miles on since I changed the last solenoid and the tcm finally did what it's supposed to do and learned!!! I can now go wot without a problem, the Trans is going thru all gears like it should and just like when it was new!!!! Thank you everyone for your help, it's much appreciated! !!!!

7. Thanks MPToy07 "Thanks for this post"
    Rookie
    Gameroom Cash
    $5000
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys. I am having this very same issue but I am getting code P2757. At Autozone they told me the code was to change the trans. Dealership told me this before the CEL and VSC came on. I had taken the truck in when i noticed the shudder from 40-45 mph range. According to this link http://www.justanswer.com/toyota/88o...ust-along.html they are telling me to flash my ECU. Can anyone confirm this? My truck is at 204k miles and I just changed the fluid. It came out pretty clear with no debris. Can anyone please help me. Thanks in advanced!

Novice
    Gameroom Cash
    $6430
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HungSoLo View Post
    Hi guys. I am having this very same issue but I am getting code P2757. At Autozone they told me the code was to change the trans. Dealership told me this before the CEL and VSC came on. I had taken the truck in when i noticed the shudder from 40-45 mph range. According to this link http://www.justanswer.com/toyota/88o...ust-along.html they are telling me to flash my ECU. Can anyone confirm this? My truck is at 204k miles and I just changed the fluid. It came out pretty clear with no debris. Can anyone please help me. Thanks in advanced!
    It's your clutch pressure control solenoid. Change it out then have your tcm reset

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Gameroom Cash
    $5000
    Post Thanks / Like

Man... MIke is a beast! haha I'm new here and I keep seeing save the day!

Rookie
    Gameroom Cash
    $5000
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by doubleds65 View Post
    It's your clutch pressure control solenoid. Change it out then have your tcm reset

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
    The dealership are the only one to reset the TCM?

Gameroom Cash
    $5000
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MPToy07 View Post
    Yes sir, the main pressure control solenoid is #6, solenoid SLT.

As Joe said; Toyota can be confusing in their pictures and descriptions sometimes. Cross-referencing the TSB pic I posted above with the repair manual description yields the following results;

#1 in pic = Shift Solenoid Valve S1 = Shift Solenoid "A"
    #2 in pic = Shift Solenoid Valve S2 = Shift Solenoid "B"
    #3 in pic = Shift Solenoid Valve S3 = Shift Solenoid "C"
    #4 in pic = Shift Solenoid Valve S4 = Shift Solenoid "D"
    #5 in pic = Shift Solenoid Valve SR = Shift Solenoid "E"
    #6 in pic = Shift Solenoid Valve SLT = Pressure Control Solenoid "D"
    #7 in pic = Shift Solenoid Valve SLU = Torque Converter Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid
    #8 in pic = Shift Solenoid Valve SL1 = Pressure Control Solenoid "A"
    #9 in pic = Shift Solenoid Valve SL2 = Pressure Control Solenoid "B"

So, professor, we used the Doubleds65 posting of the picture of the trans solenoids, the table included and your TSB. My brothers 2007 Tundra 5.7L had the Shift Solenoid B code thrown. So I correlate that to the "S2" solenoid which is the 2nd farthest solenoid on the bank side from the Trans Filter. If you look at Doubleds65's post that has the manual pics, it shows the second one is labeled 35240 (no. 2), cross referencing that to the table gives a part number of 35240-50050. Can you confirm that that is the right part number? We purchased that P/N and it didn't fit in the second from the transfilter opening... Help. We ordered the 32540-50040 now, based on some other website information, but I'm not convinced that is correct. Please advise. Thx, Chris
    Last edited by crainone; 03-22-2017 at 07:02 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123