Below Header GoPro
Thanks Thanks:  1

Thread: 07 adjustable lowering questions - advice for rear only drop / leveling 2007 2nd Gen.

Rookie
    Gameroom Cash
    $5000
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 07 adjustable lowering questions - advice for rear only drop / leveling 2007 2nd Gen.

Hi all,

I'm a new 2007 Tundra owner and I have similar questions. I think I want to level the back by lowering it to match the front but I'd like some advice and to hear your experiences if this was something you tried to do as well as your outcomes.
    Currently the truck has 20" wheels, tires are 305/50/20
    I like the way the truck rides and I don't want it to be too stiff either. Not sure if TRD makes something or another brand would work better?
    So I'm thinking 3-4" lower in the back only would be good but would be nice if it could be adjustable 3-5" if possible just in case I end up wanting to go an inch or 2 lower in the front at some point.. I'm having trouble finding parts or a kit and I was hoping to hear from others like you who have been through this. Also, will the front raise up a little by lowering the back at all?
    So can this be done without any adjustments to the front?
    Is this a project to take on at home with a jack and 4 stands or is it highly recommended to pay a shop? (I'm not a full on mechanic but I'm handy and have helped in a mechanic's shop before for about a year, just never dropped / lifted anything)
    Anything else I'm not asking about but you think may be beneficial please let me know.
    This is my first Tundra and if there is any common issues / stuff to know about them other than the emissions air pumps, any other random tips and info would be appreciated as well.

Thanks

Rookie
    Gameroom Cash
    $5000
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 07 adjustable lowering questions - advice for rear only drop / leveling 2007 2nd

Novice
    Gameroom Cash
    $21212
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 07 adjustable lowering questions - advice for rear only drop / leveling 2007 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by aTool View Post
    Hi all,

I'm a new 2007 Tundra owner and I have similar questions. I think I want to level the back by lowering it to match the front but I'd like some advice and to hear your experiences if this was something you tried to do as well as your outcomes.
    Currently the truck has 20" wheels, tires are 305/50/20
    I like the way the truck rides and I don't want it to be too stiff either. Not sure if TRD makes something or another brand would work better?
    So I'm thinking 3-4" lower in the back only would be good but would be nice if it could be adjustable 3-5" if possible just in case I end up wanting to go an inch or 2 lower in the front at some point.. I'm having trouble finding parts or a kit and I was hoping to hear from others like you who have been through this. Also, will the front raise up a little by lowering the back at all?
    So can this be done without any adjustments to the front?
    Is this a project to take on at home with a jack and 4 stands or is it highly recommended to pay a shop? (I'm not a full on mechanic but I'm handy and have helped in a mechanic's shop before for about a year, just never dropped / lifted anything)
    Anything else I'm not asking about but you think may be beneficial please let me know.
    This is my first Tundra and if there is any common issues / stuff to know about them other than the emissions air pumps, any other random tips and info would be appreciated as well.

Thanks
    Check out McGaughys website. They sell a couple of drop kits for the tundra.
    http://mcgaughys.com/t/toyota

4. Thanks Dez "Thanks for this post"
    Administrator
    Gameroom Cash
    $100313230
    Post Thanks / Like

DragTimes
    Whoa what's up Vic?!

Shoot me a PM about G-Tek Fab Door Sill Protectors and SABM (Stock Air Box Mod) kits for your 2007/2016+ Tundra>>> PM Dez

"Gregorio"